Hi there! Hope you had a great week. We’re back here to get you started off with the next one with this cool DIY of another musical instrument. Make sure to look at the older ones (every Monday) to see if you missed one in the past few weeks.
This week’s project is an easy harmonica (or mouth organ). So, let’s get started.
What you will need:
1. Two popsicle or craft sticks (wide ones work best)
2. Two rubber bands, or pieces of string
3. A strip of paper cut to match the size of the sticks you are using
4. Two pieces of toothpick, cut to the same length as (or slightly longer than) the width of the craft sticks
5. Paints or any other material to decorate the craft sticks
What you need to do:
Paint or decorate the craft sticks as per your wish, and let dry/set.
Arrange the cut piece of paper between the two sticks.
Wrap a rubber band on one side of this arrangement, until the sticks are nice and snug with each other.
Stick one of the toothpick pieces between the two craft sticks and slide in to the end with the rubber band. Follow this up with placing the other toothpick piece at the open end, and fit it in by tying the other rubber band on this end. (It works best if you ensure that the piece of toothpick at one end is placed under the paper, and the one at the other end, over the paper.)
And you’re all set. All you have to do now is blow between the sticks, and that’s your very own handmade harmonica!