Do you like the way light streams in through a stained glass window? Imagine if you could recreate this wonder in your room! Thanks to glass paints, it’s now completely possible to do so. If you’re trying out glass paints for the first time, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure that the glass surface is washed and dried properly. There should be no trace of oil on it.
- Water-based paints are ideal for beginners. Once you’re comfortable with glass painting, move on to solvent-based ones as they last longer.
- Apply the liner generously, as it works as a border that prevents paints from mixing.
- Use a brush to spread the paint. If the sections are too close, take regular and repeated breaks to give the paint time to dry. This will prevent seepage and smudging.
- If you’re not satisfied with the colour, reapply a coat but only after the first coat has dried.
Here are some easy designs to begin with:
Why not use your skills to glam-up some wine glasses?
Image courtesy: CHH Designs
Or your fish bowl?
Image courtesy: HGTV
Maybe a window?
Or a used bottle?
What are you waiting for? Go grab yourself a set of glass paints and start painting!