Thich Nhat Hanh once said “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
Every day can’t possibly be a great one. We all face our troubles, our low points, and our failures. After all, without our lows, why would we celebrate our highs?
But battling our blues isn’t the only reason we should be smiling more. Here’s a list of reasons to show off those pearly whites!
1. Because you quite literally like to say “Cheese”(It’s ok. It’s a perfectly valid reason)
2. Because it relieves stress (Try it. Do eeeeeeeeeeeee)
3. Because it makes you more attractive (Really. You look fabulous)
4. Because it makes people wonder what you’re up to (Works especially well if you do it in a serious or tense situation)
5. Because it elevates your mood (Just call it the poor man’s drug)
6. Because it lowers your blood pressure (Though we’re not sure what to do if you’re already suffering from low blood pressure. Growl a little maybe?)
7. Because it is contagious (Like a horrible disease. And don’t even start on the giggles. We would need to quarantine you. Professionals will need to be called in)
8. Because it’s easy (Best reason yet!)
9. Because it boosts your immune system (Keeping those germ fighting ninjas energized and at the ready)
10. Because, if you are still reading this, you obviously want to!
So go ahead! Saaaayyyyy Cheeeeeeeeese!